Monday, July 9, 2007

What a Crying Shame; No Guts - No Glory

It is hard to imagine that I am sorrounded by a bunch of members who either don't have the will or don't have the ability to understand that they truly can change the course of events at Mt. Hope A.M.E. Zion Church. The ball is in all of your courts; and you have decided that change is not worth the effort. Or one might conclude that you are elated to have Pastor Maddox back since he has done such a magnificant job in his 14 years at Mt. Hope Church. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to one or two of his accomplishments during the past 14 years; i'm all eyes and ears!

It has come to the point where I have no respect for anyone of you. I am not angry; just so dissapointed with all of you. I will be glad when the day comes and a new broom really sweeps clean at Mt. Hope. That broom needs to sweep you bunch of gutless members out alongwith the leader of the church.

Oh and by the way; the presiding elder also has no guts or credibility. If she did, she would not have allowed Pastor Maddox to send the letter to me whereby he tried, unsuccessfuly, to remove me from the Mt Hope membership role. She and Pastor Maddox both knew that our church discipline does not permit that. The presiding elder chose to seal her lips and hide her hands - she didn't even once say "Pastor Maddox you know that is against the A.M.E. Zion Church rules and you must retract this letter". Instead, Bishop Battle had a little guts and spoke on that at the Annual Conference!

I'm not offering any praises to him either because so much more was needed and still needs to be done and he really needs to step up to the plate. If not now; when and if not him then who?

I will be sending letters to Pastor Maddox, Presiding Elder Willis Stewart and to the presiding prelate; Bishop George H. Battle, Jr. during the course of the week to demand a retraction of the letter and to address other important matters.

There will also be another letter to the cowardly membership who has chosen, up to this point, to accept whatever is thrown at them even though it is as wrong as two left feet. Come on and wake up out of your zombie like state and take a stand for what is just and right! You members really disgust me with your cowardice!!!!

Glover Davis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother Glover I have to say that I admire your passion for the house of God, but bashing the members is not the way to go about it. They have not done anything (yeah I know) wrong they are following the word of God and respecting the position, not the man. You can be sure that where there is no worship or praise given to the Lord he does not dwell.
Let us put on the full armor of God and do battle in a manner that is pleasing to God. I know that the way may seem dark right now, but they that wait on the Lord will renew there strength. God can move mountain all we have to do is bring the shovel.
When I am under the attack of the enemy I turn to the word of God. I began to read the book of Psalm. I let the spirit of David live in side of me. I know how it feels to be a foreigner is a strange land, and the king has is people to rise up against you. Just know that in the end God always gets the glory.
This is just a subjection, the members should select a day and time for prayer. No matter where they are give time to prayer, for he said to cast ALL our cares upon Him.
Its funny in all this time none of the members thought to seek God? The Alfa and Omega, the beginning and the end, the Author...
When I really wanted to know about the order of the house of the living God I went to the Bible, but that is a topic for another time.

Lets leave room for God.

God Bless